Top Five Things You Need to Know About Finding the Best Child Care:
- Begin the process as early as possible. Finding the right fit for a child and family can take time.
- Check potential early education and child care options with referral and accreditation organizations such as 4C of Southern Indiana and the NAEYC.
- Parents should visit and ask questions about the curriculum, philosophy, teacher qualifications and anything else that may be important to them and their child. Discuss the documentation that is needed for enrollment and the admission requirements.
- Parents should discuss costs and payment options to determine what works best for their family.
- Finally, the most important consideration is that parents and children feel good about the quality of the facility, its staff and programs.